WOW! I can’t believe this year is over already and what an incredible year it has been!
Bought a House
I didn’t put up pictures because while I like the inside of the outside, the outside is so ugly I shudder looking at it. Ha ha! Hopefully we’ll redo the outside soon and I’ll do a before and after post.
Was taught to Kayak by an Olympic Kayaker on TV
Did Fire Fighting Training for a Day
Won a gold medal in the dragon boat races
Had awesome adventures in Crowsnest Pass with my little brother
Ran in a lot of races
- Moonlight run 6 km. Finished in 44:20
- Lethbridge 4-miler in 46:07
- Ladiesfest 8km. Finished in 1 hour.
- Clause Cause. Finished in 36:11.
Completed two triathlons
Hiked a lot
- Bears Hump in May
- Hiked to Bertha Falls and biked the Kootenay Brown trail with Ryan in May
- Fifth Water Hot Springs in Utah in June
- Crypt Lake with my cousin Quinton
- Bear’s Hump in July
- Red Rock Canyon in July
- Bertha Falls in August with a baby
Had winter adventures
- Went snowboarding in Blairmore
- Took Ryan cross country skiing on the Big Dipper trail
- Took my new shoe shoes out for a whirl to Cameron Lake
- Went sledding
- Learned to curl
- Hiked Badger Mountain in the snow
Learned to Golf
Played a Lot of Softball
Coached two awesome teams of kids
I was really lucky to be able to coach the Magrath High school cheerleaders for a second season and the LCI track & field team this year. I absolutely love coaching!
Expanded my musical tastes
Through the Rewind Button project, I listened to the Top 40 Rock albums of all time, according to Rolling Stone. This project really expanded my musical tastes and helped me develop an appreciation for various artists like Bob Dylan and to learn the story of John Lennon and Yoko Ono.