Items for a Healthier Office

I’m back in the office after a blissful four day weekend. I really struggle with this whole office job thing. I am not a fan of staring at a screen for several hours a day and I HATE sitting all day. But a girl has to do what a girl has to do to make a living in this world.

I have tried to create as healthy of an office space as possible.

My office

My office

Not pictured here is my gym bag that I bring with me every day whether I have a work out planned or not.

Other items for a healthy office

Plants

My office doesn’t have an window or I would have plants everywhere.

office plants

Stand up Desk or Stand

I have been lobbying for almost a year for a stand up stand for my computer monitors. I work in an old fashioned office so there is a lot of scepticism about this “fad” of standing while working.

standing-desk1

Aromatherapy

This one I should try. Keeping a blend in the office that is soothing and calming for those many stressful moments.

spa

What do you have in your office to keep it healthier?

No Comments

• Lynn B. July 2, 2014 at 2:39 pm

I have a stand up desk! I built it myself out of ~$30 worth of stuff from Ikea and it sits on top of a regular desk. Maybe you could try that out?

• Betty LIVIN July 2, 2014 at 3:04 pm

I want to do that! The nearest Ikea is 3 hours away though so I need to plan a trip! Have you noticed a difference standing instead of sitting?

• Lynn B. July 2, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Oh, definitely! I am a lot less tired in the afternoons. My station is set up so that I can sit if I want to, but I spend probably 85% of most days standing. After hard workouts, I tend to sit more.

• Jason July 2, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Great post!! I have a coffee maker – whenever I want a snack, I have a cup of coffee instead! 🙂

• Kristin July 3, 2014 at 7:25 pm

I love the idea of stand up desk!! Such a great idea!! You are so creative!! You rock!! XOXO!!

• 2014- Year End Review | Betty LIVIN December 27, 2014 at 9:16 am

[…] 2014 was the year I figured out how to make my desk job as healthy as possible.  […]