Friday Fitness Recap- April 3

Whoops! Another delayed Friday Fitness Recap! I’m blaming all the vacations throwing off my schedule!

Spring Friday Fitness

Friday- VEGAS! Walking the strip 8.8 miles!

I was told I would be walking a lot when we went to Vegas, but WOW! My Fitbit tracked every step and we walked a ton.

Saturday- 10.12 miles of walking

Sunday-Wednesday- Nothing

Has anyone else found that when they schedule their workouts something happens to derail them? I’m talking I plan a lunch time workout because my evening is booked and a meeting comes up, or I realize I need to hit the bank/post office/grocery store. This was one of those weeks. Argh!

Thursday- Bodypump @ Goodlife

A half ass workout is better than no workout right? Because I have been dragging all week and it was an effort like no other to make it to this class. I figured once we started I would perk up and get into it but that didn’t happen. But I still got in a killer workout even if I didn’t push myself like I could have.

Going to Cali (#heartnothype)

If any of my readers follow my social media accounts you would have seen my extreme excitement over being selected by 2XU Canada to go to Hermosa Beach, California to attend an elite training camp as part of their #heartnothype campaign!!!!!!

IMG_5802

When I submitted my entry I never thought I would be selected and now I am feeling so intimidated because other winners from across the world are attending and they’re personal trainers and Ironman triathletes! Gah! But it’ll be an amazing experience and I can’t wait to make friends from across the globe.

9 Comments

• Joanna @ LivingMintGreen April 7, 2015 at 11:45 am

YAY BODYPUMP!
    My fav workout EVER. I climbed a mountain on Friday and despite my tired legs, still dragged myself to BP the next morning because I love it so much!

• Betty LIVIN April 7, 2015 at 12:55 pm

I love that class! I work so much harder than I would in the weight room on my own!

• fromtrextotigress April 7, 2015 at 3:14 pm

That can be discouraging when you plan a workout or evening class and something comes up. Good for you for still going to your Bodypump, although feeling less than enthusiastic.
    Can’t wait to hear about Cali!

• thebexfactor April 7, 2015 at 6:08 pm

I definitely feel like I’m always being derailed. I plan lunch time runs and a meeting will pop up. Or I will get sick throwing me off a workout plan I was in the middle of. I always seem to have waves where some weeks are really good and other weeks are really minimal for activity. I’m learning to roll with it

Excited to hear more about your trip to California.

• Betty LIVIN April 8, 2015 at 10:59 am

That’s all you can do right? Just go with it. Otherwise you’re stressed about something that’s totally out of your control.

• briwifruit April 8, 2015 at 5:47 am

Whoa, congrats! That sounds awesome! Is it a training camp to do a triathlon??

• Betty LIVIN April 8, 2015 at 10:58 am

It’s an overall fitness performance camp so we’ll be doing strength, agility and speed workouts. And ocean swimming. It’s run by elite trainers! I’m so excited- and NERVOUS!

• Kaella (KaellaOnTheRun) April 8, 2015 at 11:12 am

I freakin’ LOVE Body Pump! Now that I have a membership I have to start going more!! And YAY for California!! That’s awesome!!

• Betty LIVIN April 8, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Oh you joined Goodlife? Right on! We can workout together!