I’m getting up a lot earlier these days with 8 a.m. classes and a nearly hour long drive to school so I’ve gotten in the habit of prepping my breakfasts on Sunday in order to eat them in the car on the way to school.
Every Sunday I cook up a big pot oatmeal and mix it with honey and ground flaxseed and divvy it up into 3-5 containers.
I also bust out a couple of jars and create overnight oats with chia seeds.
In the mornings, I just have to pop an oatmeal in the microwave and add fruit and almonds or top of my overnight oats/chia seeds with thawed frozen raspberries and I’m ready to go!
It keeps me full all morning and I like having something on the sweet side to kick off my day.
10 Benefits of Oatmeal
1. Helps control weight.
2. Reduces blood pressure.
3. Reduces cholesterol.
4. Shields your skin.
5. Lowers risk of colon cancer.
6. Stabilizes blood sugar.
7. Enhance athletic performance.
8. Enhances immune response to disease.
9. Helps you sleep.
10. Promotes antioxidant activity.
9 Benefits of Chia Seeds
(Source: Huffington Post)
- Combat Diabetes by slowing down digestion.
- Get More Fibre
- Stock Up On Omega-3
- Stronger Teeth And Bones (18 per cent of the recommended daily intake for calcium)
- Has 30% Daily Recommended Intake of Manganese
- 27% daily value of Phosphorus
- Source of Protein
- Get Full. Faster
- Improve Heart Health
Disclaimer: Prana sent me the chia seeds to try out but my thoughts and opinions are, as always, my own.