When is the last time you busted a move? Most of us loved dancing as children, but as we got older (and more self-conscious) many of us lost the joy of dancing. But dancing has so much to offer to your personal wellness!
Dancing can be a way to stay fit for people of all ages, shapes and sizes. It has a wide range of physical and mental benefits including:
- improved condition of your heart and lungs
- increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- better coordination, agility and flexibility
- improved mental functioning
Your challenge this week is to hit the floor! Take your spouse out dancing, sign up for a class with Sport & Rec, or close the door and jam out!
The Hidden Health Benefits of Dance (TIME magazine)
Why Is Dancing So Good for Your Brain? (Psychology Today)
5 reasons why couples should take ballroom dance lessons (Arthur Murray)